Saturday 23 June 2012

What a week!!

Sorry to all my blogger readers, I have been very remiss with my blogging this week, as it has been massive! Romania is quickly becoming one of my most favourite places. The people, local and ex-pats are incredibly funny, witty and compassionate.

This week has continued on that steep learning curve, I have listened to Hospice professionals discussing the importance of their roles, the needs of their patients, and how they envisage the future. I do hope that their vision becomes a reality. I also hope to travel with one of the medical team, and see first hand the care that they bring their patients.

One thing that has really resonated with me throughout this experience to date is Hospice Casa Sperantei's motto - " Pretuim fiecare clipa de viata " or "Cherish every moment of life". The team live this motto daily. There was a staff joint birthday this week for Alina and Magda. I was amazed to watch them both bringing in bags and containers of food for both the fund raising and medical team. It was a true feast of generosity and kindness. The home-made and carefully prepared traditional dishes were delicious. (I do have to say that I wimped out when it came to the soup though, everyone assured me that it was delicious, but just the idea of eating something cooked with a cow's stomach turned me of it. I hope that I become cuisine-ly braver  as time continues.)

Ladies Night with the Hospice was a treat this week. Every month, the office put on a ladies only fundraiser, with raffles, music and performances. It is an opportunity for the professional sector to get together, network, have fun and of course, raise much needed funds for the Hospice.

I also joined attended a meeting with the expat community this week, a huge thanks to Alice, it was really nice to meet like-minded people with the same passion for Romania as I have, probably even more so as they make the conscious decision to stay.

It has been a big week. Big hugs to friends and family at home.

Dani





No comments:

Post a Comment