Tuesday 19 June 2012

Reality Check...

I had a great conversation today with a friend at work, Mona, about the economic state of Romania. Whilst I marvel at the beauty and the relatively inexpensive items I am buying, a large population of Romania are not sharing my enthusiasm.

At home in Australia, we have choice, we have freedom, we have great health care and a supportive social services system (even though many may complain otherwise!). Here, they have a low documented unemployment rate but still, many people are sleeping on benches, many people look hungry.

You can see that there is a conscious effort for change, to make a difference, but it is incredibly difficult without having the financial independence to back up those needs. I really hope that I am inspiring other Australians, Americans, Africans and Europeans to visit. Bring your money! You will be able to buy so much whilst supporting the local economy, visit the beauty and the natural wealth that is Romania.

While I am here over the next six months, I will continue to share my journey with you, the ups, the downs, and ultimately why this country has the potential to be one of the greatest countries on Earth.

Signing off for this evening,

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment