Wednesday 3 October 2012

Sea Legs

I have had the past two weeks returning home from my PULSE assignment, I have renamed this as my "sea legs" as returning home is more complicated than I could imagine. During the last few weeks I have caught up with my parents, my children, and my dearest friends. I have touched base with my GSK team which has been great and also contacted the Hospice sporadically.

So why "sea legs"?

I have really enjoyed time with my family and friends, It has been difficult to slot myself back into normal life and discussion given my focus over the last three months. I have to admit that I am feeling a little flat - there is so much to do, for my assignment, and at home at GSK, or so much I want to do. (I think jet lag has a huge amount to do with my mood and feelings too!)

My visa issues still are unresolved. I think that I gained some leverage today - all documents have been received now and are now being sent to Romania for completion. Still another few weeks away though.

There is so much I want to still do in terms of training back in Romania and UK, I know that this was started before I left and I am confident (as long as the system has been used) that the team will be able to utilise the system easily prior to my departure in December. My team is extraordinary at the Hospice and I look forward  to returning to them shortly.

Back home? I had the privledge of speaking with my new manager about my role and what I will be doing when I return in late January. And have come away with home work!! It is all extremely exciting and I am energised by what my team having been doing in my absence. I miss them so much!

Flying out again Saturday (more jet lag - groan)

Dani xx

No comments:

Post a Comment