Wednesday 26 September 2012

Following the yellow brick road....

Back in Oz. Get it?

What a manic week, I have to say, the last couple of days have spent like in a coma - still recovering from serious jet lag, veerrrry tired and awake at strange times of the night.

Good flights home - Bucharest to UK, best airline food yet, curried chicken, yum! Just missed catching up with Jen at the airport, d'oh. Next time Miss Jen, next time!!

Overnight stopover in Singapore - met up with my amazing colleagues and friends from GSK Singapore. Dinner with Wendy was incredible - real noodles, rice and vegetables. I was a very happy lady!! (PS. The most AMAZING iced tea - tasted like butterscotch! and was homemade!)



 
Then went through a stroll through the neighbourhood and we discovered a Buddhist temple. It was an amazing experience where we were taught how to pray. I have been exposed to so many different religions, beliefs and ideologies - surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, each religion seems to follow a similar path on the most basic level. Live well, be kind to others, and pray - for peace, for friends, relatives, strangers, and to gain peace from the stress of every day living.
 

 
 
 
The following day started at GSK in Singapore where I met with Wendy and Xiu Ping and stole them away briefly so they could show me the local sites. I went to the Temple of White Tara and had my palm read - another irreplaceable experience. The reader knew about my failed marriage, my two children and my current charity work. How do they know these things?
 
I then dropped Wendy and Xiu Ping back at the office and went to the Singapore Flyer where I was able to watch the set up for the Singapore Grand Prix, the Harry Potter exhibition (yes, I am incredibly grown up) and then the Gardens by the Bay.
 



 
Then straight to the airport for my next trip to Sydney! Landed and got through customs easily - headed to Circular Quay for breakfast and to wait for a TC with work. Then off to the Romanian embassy for two hours. Still haven't resolved all the issues with my visa which is frustrating but I am told that it wont take long to rectify.
 

Back to the airport where I seriously could not keep my eyes open, I don't think I have ever felt so tired. I napped sporadically as our plane was delayed, my phone dying and messaging my sister to let her know what was happening. Landed in Brisbane - no phone, now dead. New pick up areas and no signage, so no sister. Seriously, the blood moon this night meant that nothing was going in our favour. After two and a half hours at the airport and considerable cost to us both, I ended up finding a taxi and heading to her place by this mode of transportation.
 
A quick exchange of gifts, and then sleeep.
 
A mixed array of crap from around the world.


Following day - a quick look through my sis' favourite shops then off to see my girls! Oh, how they have grown, they are taller, more mature in features, and just beautiful. Oh how I missed them.

Six hours train trip to my mum and dad in Bundaberg and then rest. It has such a gruelling trip, I think it will take a little time to recover, but I am definitely getting there!

Dani xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment