Friday 12 October 2012

Cross-eyed but getting it done!




Halfway through my assignment, It seems to have all gone so quickly, I want to use this blog for a few special shout outs and thank yous for the time that I have spent here - I know there will definitely be more and something more formal nearer to the end!

Still waiting on my Romanian Visa approval which has proved to be quite stressful this week but luckily I am staying with the most beautiful people, Carole and Ian, who have not only housed me but have taken me sight-seeing locally and to France for the weekend! 

I am working with an amazing team in Otford - a HUGE thank you to Peter and Alex this week who have proven to be invaluable in terms of knowledge base and support. I know that there is no way we could have completed what we have this week without such a solid team. The database locally is going great guns, we have had to complete a fair bit of clean up and resolution of some technical issues but I think the majority of this is now out of the way. I am now chomping at the bit to do some more work and training with the Romanian team but I know that I will be back there soon.

A quick thank you to Britain, I have been lucky enough to experience some blue skies over the past couple of days - I feel thoroughly spoilt.

A huge thank you to my GSK Pulse Coordinator whom I have caught up with this week and which is always a joy. I have really grown quite fond of Debbie during my time in my assignment. I think having such competent and kind support during the most trying of times is the most you could ask for. 

Still with GSK, thank you to Angela and Marius in Brasov who have supported me throughout this assignment, Angela with helpful advice and friendship and Marius with the undertaking of intranet design and creation for the Hospice, what was a mere concept is becoming a reality with you and your team's assistance. Thank you to Claire and Monica back in Australia for helping support my local workload.

To my family - thank you always to my mum and dad for the infinite patience with me and dealing with those niggly issues that always seem to come up when you are away with no possible means to resolve them. Thank you to my children whom I love so dearly and miss with my heart and soul. Thank you for giving me permission for this experience at the expense of us being separated for what seems like an eternity.

Finally - thank you to GSK and to the Hospices of Hope for this incredible experience. It is truly invaluable, life-changing and I know that I will never, ever be the same.

Dani xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment