Friday 13 July 2012

Puppy!!

Buna dimineata de la Brasov!

Brasov's old town is over 1600 years old!! The streets are small, made for walking, not so much for cars, and many streets cobblestones. It is lovely. I really enjoy being immersed in the history of Europe. I keep pinching myself, in case I am dreaming.



IT Objectives

This week I am working with the incredibly talented IT team (team of one) on my IT project, I think our brainstorming has brought some key solutions to light and I am extremely excited by the possibility of not one solution - a database, but several long term solutions. Brilliant! (I know that my team would recognise the excitement of me jumping up and down with me having that aha! moment). I love it!

I am also working with the Brand team. Wow. This is something I am really enjoying and would love to work with in the future. It is creative, thoughtful and long term. It is a key way of getting a message out there to a wide audience. For an NGO with limited funding and resources, what they have achieved, and the awards they have won is incredible.

Fundraising

Earlier this week I attended my first quiz night. It was so much fun. People who know me, know that I have no idea of current events, news items etc, but there was something for everyone. We had around 200 people in groups of six teams, and it was very competitive, arguing over answers to questions, finger pointing at potential cheaters. Hilarious. Mind you, a slab of Heineken was up for grabs, so you can understand the intensity. The event is popular and successful and for a one time event, last year, it has become a regular, popular occurrence.

(P.S. If you want to go to a good English pub in Romania with great atmosphere, karaoke, go to Mojo! I think this is my new local - they even made me my favourite cocktail, a Fruit Tingle!)

Random Corner

And now to my post title - Puppy!! Since arriving at the Hospice in Brasov, I noticed that staff were feeding a very skinny, very scared puppy. It is probably twelve months old and the sweetest thing. It has obviously been beaten at some stage as it is very fearful and has had damage done to the upper part of his body (his fur). So yesterday, I started helping with pretzels, sausages and pork ribs being on the menu. As you can imagine, I now have a new best friend, he answers to my whistle and I am keen on naming him "Skippy" as a reminder of our most famous kangaroo and because he has a very skinny upper body and wider hips because of his fur. Let's see if it takes. Generosity at the Hospicee doesn't stop with patients, help from the Hospice is available for all (although the staff fund animal help!)





So for now, it is farewell, from Dani (and Skippy)



No comments:

Post a Comment