Monday 2 July 2012

Home - Sick

You know when you are feeling really, REALLY unwell, and all you want is your mum, your dad, your children? This is me, right, now.

I have had the most amazing couple of days. Last week I attended one of the fundraising events, the Olympic Dinner, hosted and attended by top Romanian athletes and Romanian business people. It was an incredible night, pulled together over ten days by the amazing Bucharest fundraising team. It is an eye-opener, what can be done with limited budget and time. I am so happy to say that it was a highly successful night and they managed to raise much needed funding for the new hospice.



Next, Brasov - where we had the 20th anniversary of the Hospices of Hope. It was an inspiring session, with speeches from significant contributors throughout that time, and also a verbal history of the successes and hurdles faced by the team. It really goes to show that without dedication and determination, charities can fall down very quickly. It was immensely lucky that Graham Perolls, the trustees, his family, and team in Brasov continued to fight for such a  worthy cause. Without this support so many families would be without medical care, without psychological and spiritual support through their final days, or through a family members final days. I couldn't think of anything worse than spending your final moments in a hospital bed, scared, alone, and without the Hospices assistance.



Then adventure time! Kim, also a PULSE volunteer and I, spent the weekend with the medical team, firstly staying overnight in a beautiful monastery and then a trek through the mountains the day following. It was such an amazing experience. Very relaxing, very spiritual.





and of course, after such an incredible adventure, my body has gone kaput. I am home at the moment, waiting to feel a little better. I did want to lose that extra five kilos, but this is a little extreme. And to top it off, I have thrown my back out... What a nightmare!

I miss my babies, my family, my friends, I know that I will feel better soon, but is funny how these moments make you crave the simplicity of every day existence.

Dani...

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Feeling for you Dani, nothing like being alone when you're sick and nobody to get you a glass of water, a bucket or a towel!!! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete